I investigate patterns of ideas and images in the works of writers, especially Anthony Trollope and Lucy Maud Montgomery.
· Imagining Anne: The Island Scrapbooks of L.M. Montgomery (Penguin, 2008; translated into Korean, 2009).
· Through Lover’s Lane: L.M. Montgomery’s Photography and Visual Imagination (U of Toronto P, 2007).
· Co-edited with Irene Gammel L.M. Montgomery and Canadian Culture (U of Toronto P, 1999).
· The Fragrance of Sweet-Grass: L.M. Montgomery’s Heroines and the Pursuit of Romance (U of Toronto P, 1992).
· Co-edited with Houston Stewart and Beth Percival The More We Get Together: Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women 1990 Conference Proceedings (Charlottetown, PEI: Gynergy P, 1992).
· Co-edited with F.W.P. Bolger My Dear Mr. M.: Selected Letters from L.M. Montgomery to G.B. MacMillan (Oxford, 1992; McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1980; translated into Japanese in 1980).
· Patterns of Repetition in Trollope (Catholic U of America P, 1989).
· Anthony Trollope’s Notes on the Old Drama (ELS Monograph Series, U of Victoria P, 1988).
· Edited with L. Brehaut, G. King, L. Oughton, J.L. Turner Island Women: Our Prose and Poetry (Charlottetown, PEI: Ragweed P, 1982).
Full CV available by request