1. N. C. Newby, M. P. Wilkie, and E. D. Stevens. 2009. Morphine uptake, disposition, and analgesic efficacy in the common goldfish (Carassius auratus) Canadian Journal of Zoology 87(5): 388-399.
2. Stevens, E.D. 2009. "Pain" and analgesia in fish: what we know, what we don't know, and what we need to know before using analgesics in fish. pp. 115-124 in: Blue sky to deep water: the reality and the promise. ANZCCART, Wellington.
3. Newby, N.C., Robinson, J.W., Vachon, P., Beaudry, F., and Stevens, E. Don. 2008. Pharmacokinetics of morphine and its metabolites in freshwater rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). J. Vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 31: 117-127.
4. E. Don Stevens. 2008. In vivo blood and guts physiology in fishes. J Exp Biol 2008 211: 1521- 1523.
5. Stevens, E. Don, Balahura, R.J. 2007. Aspects of morphine chemistry important to persons working with cold-blooded animals, especially fish. Comparative Medicine. 57(2):161-166.
Prof Correia, IMI, Univ of