General research interests include monitoring animal health and production, epidemiologic research methodology (particularly the use of multivariable methods for modelling animal health problems), clinical trials and studies of risk factors for animal health problems. Specific interests include gastro-intestinal parasites and udder health in dairy cattle and ISA in salmon (aquaculture).
1. Andersen S, Dohoo IR, Olde Riekerink R, Stryhn H. "Diagnosing intramammary infections: evaluating expert opinions on the definition of intramammary infection using conjoint analysis." J Dairy Sci. 2010 Jul; 93(7):2966-75.
2. Dohoo IR, Smith J, Andersen S, Kelton DF, Godden S. "Diagnosing intramammary infections: evaluation of definitions based on a single milk sample." J Dairy Sci. 2011 Jan; 94(1):250-61.
3. Reyher KK, Dohoo IR. "Diagnosing intramammary infections: Evaluation of composite milk samples to detect intramammary infections." J Dairy Sci. 2011; in press.
4. Dohoo IR, Andersen S, Dingwell R, Hand K, Kelton DF, Leslie K, Schukken Y, and Godden S. "Diagnosing intramammary infections: Comparison of multiple versus single quarter milk samples for the identification of intramammary infections in lactating dairy cows." J Dairy Sci. 2011 accepted
5. Kujala M, Dohoo IR, Soveri T. "White-line disease and haemorrhages in hooves of Finnish dairy cattle." Prev Vet Med. 2010 Apr 1; 94(1-2):18-27.