Social theory, cultural history, civility, sociology of education, media and society, cross-cultural sociology, civilizational dialogue, literature.
1. Benet Davetian, CIVILITY A Cultural History (May, 2009, University of Toronto Press), (May 2009; 608 pgs).
2. 'Symbolic Interactionism,' in SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CASE STUDY RESEARCH (2Vols.) (Sept 2009).
3. 'Human Interaction Theory, in SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CASE STUDY RESEARCH (2Vols.) (Sept. 2009).
4. 'Towards an Emotionally Conscious Social Theory' Sociological Research Online (U.K.) June 30, 2005.
5. Benet Davetian, The Seventh Circle. 1996. Vancouver: Ronsdale Press. Winner of the Richler Prize for Best Book of the Year; finalist for Hugh Maclellan Prize.
6. 'Moral tensions Between Islamic and Western cultures. Towards a sociology of East and West in the wake of September 11.' Sociological Research Online, Vol. 6 No. 3. November 31, 2001.
7. 'The Forbidden Zone.' Alaska Quarterly Review, Vol. 13, No. 3 & 4, Summer-Spring, 1995.