- Life beyond the nation-state system
- Anti-government philosophies
- William Godwin, Peter Kropotkin, Leo Tolstoy, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, Emma
Goldman, Michael Bakunin
- Ethical theory
- Theories of justice
- "The State" in Philosophy of Law: An
Encyclopedia, edited by Christopher Gray, 1999.
- "Feminist Criticisms of Habermas's Ethics and
Politics," in Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review, Vol. XXXIV, 1995, pp
- "Habermas, values, and the rational, internal
structure of communication," The Journal of Value Inquiry, Vol. 27, 1993, pp
- "Bernstein, McCarthy, and the Evolution of
Critical Theory," in Philosophy and Social Criticism, 1993, Vol. 19, #1, pp
- "Social Criticism After Rawls," in Philosophy
and Social Criticism, 1992, Vol. 18, #1, pp 61-80.